We are here to help you. If you have need of our services, please call us, day or night. Or, if you prefer, you can fill out the form on the right.
Are you thinking about pre-planning your funeral? Pre-planning is the best way to choose how you're remembered, to ease the emotional and financial burden on your loved ones, to protect yourself from rising funeral costs, and to let your family know your final wishes.
Click here to learn more, or fill out this form and we will contact you.
We provide our families with an open door policy. Please feel free to contact us 24 hours a day.
Trefz and Bowser Funeral Home, Inc.
114 West Main Street
Hummelstown, PA 17036, PA US
If you are looking for information on a particular topic, or if you are looking for a loved one who has been entrusted to our care, you can use the form below to narrow down your search.
When attending a funeral where there will be a procession to a cemetery or church, we will always have a staff member available to help you park.
Highlights of Pennsylvania's Funeral Processional Law:
1. The driver of a vehicle that is being driven in a funeral procession may proceed past a red signal indication if the lead vehicle started through the intersection while the light was green. In the case of a stop sign, the lead vehicle must first come to a complete stop before proceeding through the intersection.
2. The privileges above apply only if each vehicle in the procession displays lighted head lamps and emergency flashers and bears a flag or other insignia designating it as part of a funeral procession.
3. The law does not relieve the drivers in a procession from driving with due regard for the safety of all persons or from yielding the right-of-way to an emergency vehicle making use of audible or visual signals.
4. The law authorizes an agent or employee of the funeral director to direct, control or regulate traffic during a funeral.
5. Funeral processions shall not be interrupted by any vehicle other than an emergency vehicle. Processions are exempt from the requirement of allowing space between vehicles to enabled others to merge with the procession (also with the exception of emergency vehicles).
Grieving doesn't always end with the funeral: subscribe to our daily grief support email, designed to help you a little bit every day, by filling out the form below.
Those grieving are in great need of support. If a close friend has recently experienced a loss, fill out the form below to subscribe to our weekly tips and find out how you can be most helpful.